- Black Lotus’ standard round pearls are AA+ graded (high grade) cultured freshwater pearls from China. The ClassicELITE Collection features AAA and AAA+ graded (near flawless) round pearls. The other pearls we carry (rice, coin, etc.) are not graded because the industry only assigns grading to round pearls.
- Lower-end pearls (unlike ours) are strung directly on cheap thread with no knots. Many seemingly high quality sets of pearls are strung on one length of thread and knotted twice between each pearl. Black Lotus goes one step further - all of our full strands are double-strung by hand on non-stretch polyester thread and double-knotted between each pearl (four knots total) for added protection.
- Some of our pearls are dyed or bleached after harvesting to give uniform color to a full strand. This in no way diminishes the value of the pearls.
- Our jewelry varies in color depending on dyelot and time of harvest. Exact shades are only guaranteed on cash and carry purchases.
- Periodically we have access to special shades of pearls and special clasp systems not pictured in the catalogue (especially with the Modern Collection). Please ask us what we have available if you're searching for something truly different. We do carry one-of-a-kind pieces that are not pictured in the catalogue. Please contact us if you're looking for something you won't find anywhere else!
- All Black Lotus jewelry length measurements are calculated including the clasp.
- Our standard clasp system is the classic .925 sterling silver claw clasp, magnetic barrel or round clip clasp on double strands (noted with each individual piece), and magnetic barrel on triple strands. We feature round clip clasps on the ClassicELITE Collection. Other clasps may be available at special request and for an additional charge. Click here to view our clasps.
- Black Lotus Designs is well-stocked in our most popular pieces, however, during busier times of year, a piece may be on backorder. Please allow six to eight weeks for delivery of backordered pieces since we order and receive our merchandise from China. Prices and delivery dates are subject to change based on market conditions.
- Custom orders are available but not encouraged. Please contact us if you have a special piece in mind and we will provide you with a quote.
- Special length jewelry (any specific length we do not advertise as a standard length) and bridal sets are considered to be a custom order. Please allow eight weeks from the time of order to the time of delivery.
- Black Lotus sales tax is incorporated into the listed price of the item.
- All orders are shipped via United States Postal Service.Shipping is $5 USD for orders totaling up to $100. Orders over $100 are shipped free of charge. An additional charge will be applied if you are shipping outside of the United States.